Pain-Relieving Emergency Dentistry When You Need It The Most
No one ever expects a dental emergency. You could be playing catch with your kids and all of a sudden you miss the ball with your mitt and catch it in your teeth. Or maybe you bite into something unexpected in your takeout. No matter how it happens, when you crack or break a tooth, you need to find a qualified emergency dentist, and you need to find one fast.
At Pure Dental Spa, we provide emergency dentistry in Chicago, IL that can help save your smile. Depending on the situation, various treatment options may be suggested. Every case is unique, but the primary goal of any emergency dental treatment should be to relieve any immediate pain and save the tooth whenever possible.
Not all dental emergencies are due to an accident. In fact, many emergency situations are caused by untreated tooth decay or gum disease. You may not realize the extent of your dental problem until one day you bite down on something and experience a sharp pain that doesn’t go away. For pain-relieving dentistry when you need it the most, don’t hesitate to contact Pure Dental Spa.
Why Choose Pure Dental Spa For Emergency Dental Care?
What To Do In A Dental Emergency
- Don’t wait to give us a call. The sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can schedule you for a same-day emergency appointment. Then, over the phone, one of our highly experienced team members will walk you through how to manage your situation until you can reach our office.
- We’ll see you right away. When you reach our office, one of our dentists will see you for evaluation and pain relief right away. Your Chicago, IL emergency dentist will then fully explain all your treatment options and work with you to make a custom treatment plan.·
- You’ll get the gentle emergency care you need. Our team is well-equipped to handle nearly any dental emergency right here in-office. With state-of-the-art technology, the latest techniques, and a focus on your well-being, your emergency treatment will be as comfortable as possible. Before you know it, you’ll be back to enjoying a happy, healthy, and pain-free smile!
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Anyone who has ever experienced dental pain knows how horrible it is. The nerves within your teeth are extremely sensitive and any type of pressure can cause excruciating pain. At Pure Dental Spa, we are dedicated to providing you with the finest emergency dental care available, and we will do everything we can to restore your comfort as quickly as possible. Whether your tooth is chipped, broken, or infected, our team of compassionate dental professionals will recommend the best course of action. Below you’ll find important information about some of the most common dental emergencies we treat:
- Chipped Tooth
- Cracked Tooth
- Sensitivity to Hot & Cold
- Knocked-Out Tooth
- Lost Filling or Crown
- Broken Denture
- Loose Tooth
- Gums, Lips or Tongue Injury
- Jaw Pain or Clenching
- Something Stuck Between Teeth
Understanding The Cost Of Emergency Dentistry
It won’t be long into your research that you realize pinpointing the exact cost of emergency dentistry in Chicago, IL is nearly impossible without an appointment. That’s because each patient’s dental needs are different! Plus, other factors, like dental insurance, need to be considered as well. The good news is that our team takes pride in making every visit as smooth and seamless as possible, including when it comes time to pay. If you have any questions about the price, you can always reach out to our team directly. Or, you can read on to learn more general information!
How To Prevent Dental Emergencies
Even though there’s no way you can completely avoid experiencing a dental emergency in Lincoln Park, there are certain steps you can take to reduce your risk of ending up in your emergency dentist’s treatment chair, including:
- Visiting Pure Dental Spa every six months for a checkup and cleaning
- Maintaining a well-balanced diet
- Staying hydrated with water
- Avoid chewing and biting on hard items and especially chewy or sticky foods
- Protect your teeth from excessive grinding and clenching
- Get a custom-fitted mouthguard if you participate in sports
Root Canal Therapy
“Root” and “canal” are two of the most dreaded words for our patients to hear. However, we want to change that, because this treatment is incredibly conservative compared to the alternative treatment option of extracting a tooth. Not only will it cure pain caused by a tooth infection, but it will also preserve your natural tooth, hopefully for the remainder of your life. Our team goes out of our way to ensure that our patients in Lincoln Park remain comfortable as well, so there’s no need to be anxious about an upcoming root canal procedure. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team!
Dr. Patel strives to preserve the natural teeth of each patient whenever possible. However, there are cases when a tooth extraction is the best option for your overall health. Pure Dental Spa is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Our digital and modern equipment allows for quick treatment options and faster recovery rates for all our patients. Although tooth extractions can be intimidating procedures, our team will ensure your treatment is comfortable and streamlined. After your tooth extraction procedure, our clinical team will provide detailed post-operative instructions on proper care for a speedy recovery.
Wisdom Tooth Extractions
One of our oral surgeons will perform an exam and take x-rays to determine if extracting your wisdom teeth is the best option for you. Wisdom teeth are commonly known as third molars, and wisdom tooth extractions are one of the most common oral surgeries we conduct on patients.
Typically, wisdom teeth emerge in the late teenage years to the early twenties. Wisdom tooth extraction is usually recommended as a preventive measure to alleviate pain and maintain the proper position of the other teeth. Wisdom teeth can cause damage to neighboring teeth as they emerge and, in some cases, become impacted. In some instances, the incorrect growth of wisdom teeth can cause teeth crowding. If wisdom teeth grow in an improper position and are left untreated, you could find yourself experiencing excruciating pain in the long run.